string-match problem

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: string-match problem
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:39:29 +0100

  Hi.

I just got this backtrace when trying to enter my
nnml+archive:mail-2007 group:

 Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range "ADSJ (Adam Sjøgren)
<adsj@novozymes.com>" 41)
   string-match("\\b[^@         <>]+[!@][^@     <>]+\\b" "ADSJ (Adam Sjøgren)
<adsj@novozymes.com>")
   gnus-extract-address-components("ADSJ (Adam Sjøgren) <adsj@novozymes.com>")
   [......]

Reading the documentation of string-match does not enlighten me as to
why this fails, but evaluating this:

 (string-match "\\b[^@  <>]+[!@][^@     <>]+\\b" "ADSJ (Adam Sjøgren)
<adsj@novozymes.com>")

in the *scratch* buffer gives me the same "Args out of range" error.

I just tried it on another machine (the one I am posting from), and
there I do not get that error. Which is kind of odd.

The machine it fails on is running Ubuntu 6.10 (edgy) amd64, the
versions are:

 XEmacs 21.4 (patch 19) "Constant Variable" [Lucid]
 (amd64-debian-linux, Mule) of Fri Jun 30 2006 on crested

 No Gnus v0.6 (cvs from 2006-10-12)

Let me just try restarting XEmacs and see if that helps...

It did. So I guess it would be quite difficult to figure out what
happend; so please ignore this article, then...

  Best regards,

--
 "My internal clock is on Tokyo time."                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk