Re: help with "nnmail-split-methods", please.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: help with "nnmail-split-methods", please.
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:50:34 +0100

Xingang Zhang <zhang.xingang@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Xingang,

> Say, for example, If I would like to split all the incoming mails
> which address is *either* "ab_foo_cd@xxx.com" *or* "foo23@xxxx.edu" to
> my "mail.buddy" folder, how should I implement it with
> nnmail-split-methods? Any input is very welcome. Please comment a lot
> if possible. :) Thanks.

(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy
      nnmail-split-fancy
      ;; Messages from the mailer daemon are not crossposted to any of
      ;; the ordinary groups.  Warnings are put in a separate group
      ;; from real errors.
      '(| ;; Try all alternatives till one matches
        ;; Split foo23@xxxx.edu into mail.buddy
        (from "foo23@xxxx.edu"    "mail.buddy")
        ;; Split ab_foo_cd@xxxx.com into mail.buddy, too.
        (from "ab_foo_cd@xxx.com" "mail.buddy")
        ;; Unmatched mail goes to the catch all group.
        "misc.misc"))

Have a look at (info "(gnus)Fancy Mail Splitting").

Bye,
Tassilo
--
          "Emacs is not a development tool but a way of life."
                - David Kastrup in alt.religion.emacs -