news-server seems to hang, have to restart gnus

From: Hugh Lawson
Subject: news-server seems to hang, have to restart gnus
Date: 06 Mar 2007 09:31:10 -0500

Is this a server problem?

If gnus is idle for a few minutes, and I try to open up a newsgroup in
the groups buffer, I often get the hourglass sign, and the headings
never appear.  The program seems to hang.

Then if I quit gnus, and restart with M-x gnus, things work properly
again.

This makes it hard to edit a long post as the program stalls at the
point where I try to do C-c c

--
Hugh Lawson
hlawson@triad.rr.com