Re: nnimap backend gets stuck with ssl

From: Konstantin Kletschke
Subject: Re: nnimap backend gets stuck with ssl
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:44:53 +0200

Jouni K. Seppänen <jks@iki.fi> writes:

> When you press ^ in the *Group* buffer, you should get a *Server*

Okay, I meant the *Group* buffer when I spoke of a summary buffer.

> buffer. If the imap server is shown as "denied", it means Gnus has
> given up on it, and won't try to reconnect.

With severeal C-g's I tested to get into server buffer. There the
Servers are stated "opened".
C and several C-g closes them and gnus thinks of reconnecting after
that.

Shouldn't this considered really as a bug?
When I answer a mail and send it gnus can not make it as replied
anymore.

> I have occasionally had problems (but not frequently, so it is hard to
> comment on repeatability) when I move my laptop from home to work or
> vice versa. An SSL imap connection is shown as "open" but Emacs hangs
> when I press g. Multiple C-g's revive Emacs, and closing the server
> by

I wonder why I have this problem only at work over dialup. We are
getting no new IP address or disconnect meanwhile and I set down
tcp_keepalive_time to 600 which lets my ssh connections life forever.

Regards, Konsti