Re: custom signature and from

From: Slackrat
Subject: Re: custom signature and from
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:31:52 +0200

* Uri Guttman <uri@stemsystems.com> a écrit
> i am looking for a simple way to customize my from header and signature
> based on to whom i am sending mail. i have found some libs that do way
> more than i want (random sig quotes) but nothing that just looks at the
> to/cc headers and selects from a set of files. are there any libs that
> do this or similar? i am using v5.10.6 under emacs 21.4.1.
>
> i know about the message-signature variable but i am sure there are
> existing libs that i can use for this.

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"

;; BASIC
;; #####
         (signature-file "~/.signature/bill")
         (name mail-user-name)
         (address "inconnu@azurservers.com")
         ("X-Homepage" "http://azurservers.com/";)
         ("X-Operating-System" "Slackware GNU/Linux --current");;
         ("X-GUARANTEE1" "This email is Guaranteed to have been free of any
malevolent
              content or attachments when sent from <user>@azurservers.com.
              Azurservers.com publishes SPF records and any UCE or otherwise
              harmful content should be reported to abuse@azurservers.com")
         (organization "Front National [http://www.frontnational.com]";))

;; NEWSGROUPS - USENET
;; ###################
;;
;; REC
        ("rec"
         (name "Davey Crockett")
         ("From" "Davey Crockett <daveycrockett4Q@azurservers.com>")
         (signature-file "~/.signature/davey4q")
         ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-rec"))
;; ALT
        ("alt"
         (name "Davey Crockett")
         ("From" "Davey Crockett <daveycrockett4Q@azurservers.com>")
         (signature-file "~/.signature/davey4q")
         ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-alt"))
 ;;;        (setq randomsig-static-string "TESTER, Bill Henderson")
;; GNU
        ("gnu"
         (name "Slackrat")
         ("From" "Slackrat <slackrat4Q@azurservers.com>")
         (signature-file "~/.signature/slackrat4q")
         ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-gnu"))

;; MAIL LISTS
;; ##########
;;

..

;; FAMILY
;; ######
;;

..

;; FRIENDS
;;

..

))

--
Regards, Slackrat [Bill Henderson] [No _4Q_ for direct email]