Re: Question about sending E-mail using Gmail

From: Wada Yusuke
Subject: Re: Question about sending E-mail using Gmail
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:50:52 +0900

Hello again, I am Wada Yusuke.

After receiving some advises, I tried some things.

I tried using gnus-5.10.8 despite the compiling error,
because there seems to be no problem in using
only byte-compiled files. They were compiled successfully
before the process of texi.

I replaced the file smtpmail.el in flim directry with the one that
Mr. Yamaoka introduced me. It is the one uploaded in CVS log,
and the version is 7.1.2.9.

When I tried sending E-mail by hitting C-c C-c,
there appeard an error message that says
the problem is related to "mail-envelope-from."

After some tryings, I found that putting sendmail.el
into flim directry resolves it. There is the word
"mail-envelope-from" in the file.

However, still I cannot send E-mail.
When I hit C-c C-c, there appears an error message:

"Symbol's function definition is void: line."

I tried searching in Google the words "defun line,"
but there seemed no web page that gives me hints about this.

Could you give me a help about this problem?

Is this a function of emacs newer than 20,
or is this described in another file concerned to smtpmail.el,
or something else?

Please let me know something....

Thank you.

Wada Yusuke