nnmaildir + namazu + fancy splitting: problem

From: Ruslan Spivak
Subject: nnmaildir + namazu + fancy splitting: problem
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:46:45 +0300

Hello, everybody.

I'm using Emacs from CVS (22.1.50) with Gnus and have several select
methods: nnmaildir and nnml. In addition i've set up gnus namazu and
fancy splitting rules both for mails from nnmaildir and nnml.

The problem is that search works only with nnml, the same is for fancy
splitting rules - they work only for nnml group.
I've tested namazu search from command line and it retuned search
results for mails belonging to nnmaildir group while it doesn't work
from emacs.

It seems somewhat related that fancy rules and namazu search work only
for nnml but not for nnmaildir.

This is excerpt for my select methods:
(setq mail-sources '((file :path "/var/mail/alienoid")))
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnmaildir "test"
              (directory "~/.nnmaildir/")
              (expire-age never)
              (create-directory "../foo")
              (directory-files nnheader-directory-files-safe)
              (get-new-mail nil))
        (nnml "gmail"
              (expire-age never)
              (nnml-get-new-mail t))))

On filesystem ~/.nnmaildir contains soft link rspivak@localhost to
~/Maildir which contains mail messages.

Maybe someone has any idea where to dig further.

Thanks,
Ruslan

--
I don't necessarily agree with everything I say. -Marshall McLuhan,
cultural historian and communications theorist (1911-1980)