Re: Error posting in newsgroup

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: Error posting in newsgroup
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 05:06:56 GMT

Myriam Abramson <mabramso@cs1.cs.gmu.edu> writes:

> Gnus 5.10.8, Fedora 4, Sendmail 8.13.7-2.fc4.2
>
> I am just getting this strange error when posting to a newsgroup:
>
> sending ... Failed to No recipient address found in header;
>
> The cursor points to the From: address, which is my address. I've
> always been using this address.  I don't know what's suddenly
> different. I didn't change a thing. Any idea?

What you're describing seems a bit contradictory. First of all, you
said you're posting to a newsgroup, but you've mentioned a sendmail
version. Are you, indeed, posting to a newsgroup when this happens?
Secondly, the error is talking about the *recipient* address, but you
seem sure it's to do with your "From:" address. What does the
"Newsgroups:" header contain when you try to post (if it's a newsgroup
post that causes the error; if it's an email, what does the "To:"
header say)?

Cheers,

        - Joel