Re: nnmaildir problems after upgrading to emacs 22.1.1

From: Pietro Giorgianni
Subject: Re: nnmaildir problems after upgrading to emacs 22.1.1
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:54:24 +0200

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:
> You should still do what I described above.  That will ensure that the
> damage won't grow any further.
> [...]
>
>> well,  after deleting  all .nnmaildir  dirs,  i still  got some  other
>> messages when  restarting gnus.
>
> It's probably because you deleted them while Gnus was running.  That
> can cause damage that will persist to future Gnus sessions.

i did, and it *almost*  worked: it solved all synchronization problems
but for the inbox folder: new messages to inbox folder still appear as
read, and sometimes they don't even appear; restarting gnus makes them
new again.

the inbox folder is just a  maildir folder as all other ones; the only
special thing i can  think of is the fact that i  often move or delete
messages from  there, so that the  apparent number of  messages is far
bigger than the real one. i could move all the messages to a temporary
folder and  then back again, to  change the article numbers,  but in a
couple of days they would be messed again anyway.

what can be the cause of this sync problem with inbox?

thanks