Re: how to obtain green background for some text?

From: Tom Rauchenwald
Subject: Re: how to obtain green background for some text?
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:21:36 +0200

Gernot Hassenpflug <gernot@coda.ocn.ne.jp> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have used boxquote.el a lot for marking cited text, but am searching
> for a manner in which to mark text, particularly code, in my posting
> with a green background. Searches for "background color",
> "highlighting", and similar did not lead to any useful links for me
> either for this newsgroup or the comp.text.tex group. I am hoping
> someone here knows how to do this in gnus. I have also tried emacs's
> text properties from the edit menu, but none of the font
> foreground/background options are available in editing articles for
> newsgroups.

I don't quite understand. You can't tell in a usenet-message how
another client should render your code (unless you use html, but that
is evil). Do you mean something like the #v+ and #v- marks? If I
recall correctly, No Gnus supports them, like
#v+
code...
#v-
But not many clients support this (afaik slrn does).

> Any help or hints appreciated.

Tom