Re: Sendig mail from GMX fails

From: someusernamehere
Subject: Re: Sendig mail from GMX fails
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:11:05 -0700

On 30 jul, 12:00, David Z Maze <dm...@mit.edu> wrote:
> someusernamehere <someusernameh...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Hey  have this in my .gnus file:
> > [...]
> > The problem is that Gnus try to sent the mail for the local postfix (I
> > mean the server web on my own machine) for example if I stop the
> > postfix in my machine I can't send mail
> > and using my local postfix some mails are not send, what is wrong?, I
> > want to use GMX smtp for send mail.
>
> Have you read the Gnus FAQ [1], say, item 3.8?  Or the relevant bit of
> the Gnus manual [2]?
>
> [1]http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-chunks/FAQ.html
> [2] info://gnus/Posting+Server

Now, ye, I have added the following, now looks like:

(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)

(setq smtpmail-local-domain nil
      smtpmail-queue-mail t
      smtpmail-queue-dir "~/mail/queued-mail/"
      smtpmail-default-smtp-server "mail.gmx.net"
      smtpmail-debug-info t
      smtpmail-debug-verb t
      smtpmail-starttls-credentials
      '(("mail.gmx.net" 25 nil nil)))