Re: Insert message-insert-disposition-notification-to in Posting Styles

From: Damien Wyart
Subject: Re: Insert message-insert-disposition-notification-to in Posting Styles
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:29:53 +0200

> mmm sure, I dont know hot to setup this :-(, I have copy-pasted your
> code in my .gnus but doesn't work, is needed some additional, can you
> tell me what please ? :-D

My code has two cases : one for news (the second one) and this should
work for you, and one for mail matching nnml: on group names, but maybe
you do not use nnml mailgroups. Are you sure this doesn't work at all in
newsgroups ? the gnus-news-group-p test should be true in that case.
I do not see anything specific in this section of my file, but I have
not modified it recently.

If you get some error message, you can post it here.

> many thanks for your replies.

You are welcome! Gnus newcomers are a bit rare these days...

I understand you would like to get something up and running rapidly, but
do not hurry too much, or you will be lost if you work on all parts of
.gnus.el at the same time without understanding any of them ; this might
even make you stop trying Gnus, a pity! Take time to read a bit of the
manual, it is quite gentle, and you can skip many details for a first
read. http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_toc.html

There is also a small tutorial : http://my.gnus.org/tutorial/
I am not sure about its freshness but this might help you getting
started.

It is getting late here in France so I will not be able to help you
until tomorrow... Maybe other readers will be able to direct you to some
others .gnus.el files with comments in English.

Best,

--
DW