Re: gnus setup works inside cygwin but not on 'native' emacs

From: weber
Subject: Re: gnus setup works inside cygwin but not on 'native' emacs
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:01:22 -0700

On 14 ago, 14:47, Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gm...@imap.cc> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14 2007, weber wrote:
> > The .el files are common for both, and the version is very near
> > (22.0.95.1 on windows and 22.1.1 on cygwin).
>
> Why are you trying an outdated pretest (22.0.95) instead of the
> released version 22.1?
>
> > So with the same configuration that wouldn't connect on windows,
> > cygwin just worked!
> > Does anyone have a hint on what can be happening?
>
> Maybe you should start to describe you problem first.  ("Please
> describe the bug in annoying, painstaking detail.").
>
> > I'm using pop3.el, ssl.el and nnml backend (like Bill Clementson here:
> >http://bc.tech.coop/blog/)
>
> Bye, Reiner.
> --
>        ,,,
>       (o o)
> ---ooO-(_)-Ooo---  |  PGP key available  |  http://rsteib.home.pages.de/

I want to read mail with gnus. The server works with ssl. I'm using
version 22.1.1 now, and the problem continues.
Inside cygwin it works, but on windows i get this:

Mail source (pop :server mail.xxx.ind.br :port 995 :user adas:password
******** :connection ssl :leave t) error (Spawning child process).
Continue? (y or n)

Ideas?
Tks