Re: YAGAGT - Yet Another Gnus And Gmail thread!

From: Sebastian Tennant
Subject: Re: YAGAGT - Yet Another Gnus And Gmail thread!
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:54:20 +0200

Quoth Torben Knudsen <tk@es.aau.dk>:

> Ted> Sebastian Tennant wrote:
>>> Is anyone really _sending_ email using Gnus and Gmail?
>
> Ted> Yup. Here's the relevant part of ~/.gnus:

Interesting that it works without defining the TLS program.  My setup
(working at last) includes this line:

  (setq starttls-gnutls-program "gnutls-cli")

> Ted> I have a line in .authinfo that looks like this:

  Hmm, that's perhaps better that putting it in your .gnus

> Another thing I notices was "Make sure you configured necessary
> variables appropriately and have a suitable STARTTLS-GNUTLS-PROGRAM
> installed"  How do I check if I have such a program and if I need it?

The Debian package is called gnutls-bin.

  $ dpkg -l | grep gnutls

should tell you if you have it or not, (provided you run Debian of
course).

Sebastian