Re: nntp sever suspended

From: Slackrat
Subject: Re: nntp sever suspended
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:31:19 +0100

Guillermo Antonio Amaral Bastidas a écrit profondement:

| revrvr@gmail.com writes:
|
| > Hi
| > my isp suspended its nntp news server, what is my next best option. I
| > need something free and reliable.
| > i.e. does not take too long to post messages once sent and used by
| > most IT people.
| >
| > thanks alot
|
|    I don't know about free... but if you can spare 5 USD a month you can
|  get SuperNews ( Text Only ) service.

Philosophically, and slightly off topic, but nevertheless reasonably
pertinent, several ISPs have abandoned their usenet/newsgroup feeds
recently or dropped the binary groups.

It seems to be a growing trend.

When queried about the matter one major Canadian ISP recently replied
that they never promised usenet in their SuckerBait Advertising and
never specifically charged for the service so they could withdraw the
service any time they liked.

Whether a court might find that the original provision of the service
implicitly constituted part of the contract and that withdrawing the
service represented a significant breach of contract is an interesting
thought  ;)

--
SlackRat - 4Q to Reply