Compilation mode; action when visiting next locus

From: Arnaud Diederen (aundro)
Subject: Compilation mode; action when visiting next locus
Date: 17 Dec 2007 10:54:33 +0100

Hello all,

I've been using the "compile" command for a very specific operation:
list the files that match a given pattern, starting at the root of my
project (using the unix 'find' command).

When I <RET> on one of those files, emacs opens it in a buffer, for editing.
That's perfect except for a little thing: I'd like the *compilation*
buffer to disappear, the number of frames to be reduced to 1 (i.e.,
full screen), and the buffer to be opened in that frame.

Actually, what I'd like is an "onvisitlocus" hook, if I may say
so. ..and I have no idea how to that at all. Can anyone help?

Thank you all,

        Arnaud.