Re: how to let fetchmail's output shown in minibar?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: how to let fetchmail's output shown in minibar?
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:55:50 +0000

(Redirecting to the list, if you don't mind.)

anhnmncb <anhnmncb@gmail.com> writes:

> Mails isn't like rss or news, I want to fetch them whenever I want to
> read them.

But *why*?

Fetching them in the background with fetchmail doesn't force you to read
them.  And if you don't use any fancy notification mechanism, fetching
them in the background will just make it faster for Gnus to fetch them
in /var/mai/anhmncb

While I perfectly understand one wants not to be nagged by incoming
emails all the time, I really think fetching them over the network when
you want to read them is *not* the solution.

--
Bastien