Re: limiting articles and tagging

From: David
Subject: Re: limiting articles and tagging
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:46:26 +0200

David Carlton <carlton@bactrian.org> writes:
> Does that sound like it should work?  Are there any gotchas I should
> know about before I start tinkering with it?  I'm worried that there
> might be some index of the extra headers for articles that could cause
> problems if I go this route, or something like that.

I'd say the main gotcha is that this will only work with back ends which
support article editing. AFAIK nnml shouldn't be a problem, but this
won't work e.g. with nnimap.

Therefore, the more general way would be to use the Gnus registry. As
Bastien already wrote, CVS Gnus has some support for this, but it still
needs work (e.g. there are no gnus-summary-limit commands for registry
marks yet).

-David