Re: problems with rss feeds

From: Gour
Subject: Re: problems with rss feeds
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:05:10 +0200

>>>>> "David" == David Hansen <david.hansen@gmx.net> writes:

Hi David,

David> I don't have w3 installed and no problem reading the xkcd rss
David> feed.  What is w3 used for anyway?  I use w3m to display the
David> articles, I think the xml parsing happens with the xml parser
David> that comes with emacs.

I'm not using w3, but w3m, but your post shed some light...

Google found the following post:
http://www.lshift.net/blog/2005/07/15/rss-via-gnus which says that it is
required to set 'mm-url-use-external' to t.

I already had that, but disabled 'mm-url-program' which was set to
'w3m'.

Then I was able to import all the problematic feeds.

Now I'm again using 'internal' url program and, so far, everything is
fine, Gnus is washing my rss feeds so I can see comic's pics...

Still, I believe there is some problem in Gnus, based on the above post.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D