Re: Saving according to time received

From: N. Raghavendra
Subject: Re: Saving according to time received
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 13:15:14 +0530

At 2008-06-04T05:12:24+08:00, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

> Too complicated. All I know is I use
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
>  (concat "nnml:archive." (format-time-string "%Y" (current-time))))
> in .gnus.el to save in a new archive each year.

Indeed :-) I too use a rule similar to the one you have mentioned, for
saving messages according to the *current* time.  However, as I said
in my OP, I wanted to (re)save certain messages --- several of them a
few years old --- in files whose names are derived from the time of
*receipt* (not the current time) and the sender.  What you have said
doesn't address that.  Thanks, all the same.

Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@mri.ernet.in> | http://www.retrotexts.net/
Harish-Chandra Research Institute   | http://www.mri.ernet.in/