Re: Keeping self in CC: list

From: Sebastian P. Luque
Subject: Re: Keeping self in CC: list
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 17:52:36 -0500

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:22:58 +0100,
Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen@damtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

[...]

> I see that gnus has the archive facility to archive messages I've
> sent, but if I use that instead, presumably I won't see the messages
> in the threads amongst replies from others?

I see you have found a solution, but maybe you'd like to reconsider the
archive facility, which you can implement with the 'gcc-self' parameter
in gnus-parameters:

,-----[ (info "(gnus)Group Parameters") lines: 2234 - 2242 ]
| `gcc-self'
|      If `(gcc-self . t)' is present in the group parameter list, newly
|      composed messages will be `Gcc''d to the current group.  If
|      `(gcc-self . none)' is present, no `Gcc:' header will be
|      generated, if `(gcc-self . "string")' is present, this string will
|      be inserted literally as a `gcc' header.  This parameter takes
|      precedence over any default `Gcc' rules as described later (*note
|      Archived Messages::).
`-----

I have it as the first entry in gnus-parameters:

(setq gnus-parameters
         (gcc-self . t))
        MORE PARAMETERS

and my followups are always placed along with the rest of the thread.

--
Seb