Re: rss, links and external browser

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: rss, links and external browser
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 20:36:08 +0900

> On Aug 6, 3:03 am, Katsumi Yamaoka <yama...@jpl.org> wrote:
[...]
>> (setq w3m-goto-article-function 'browse-url)

> Okay, this works nearly as I want it.
> I used this (setq w3m-goto-article-function 'fc-choose-browser).
> Gnus/Emacs asks: external y/n.
> But if I choose y, conkeror is started *and*  the buffer starts w3m
> for the url.
> Is there a way to prohibit w3m and start only the external browser?

Hm, do you use emacs-w3m that is really recent?  I tried
`fc-choose-browser' and didn't reproduce such an odd behavior.
(I use the most recent emacs-w3m, that is under development.)

> Another question: Where did you find this information?

I know it because I'm just a person who last improved the function
(`w3m-safe-view-this-url') that uses `w3m-goto-article-function'. ;-)

> I am still quite new to emacs. I searched the info files, but there
> is
> such a wealth of information, I still feel quite lost.
> Customizability (is this a word ? ;) is as much a gift as a curse ;)

Sorry for inconvenience.  We emacs-w3m team don't have enough
capability and time.

Regards,