Re: Trouble connecting with IMAP (Windows Emacs with Cygwin SSL/TLS tool

From: Steven E. Harris
Subject: Re: Trouble connecting with IMAP (Windows Emacs with Cygwin SSL/TLS tools)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:27:11 -0400

"Steven E. Harris" <seh@panix.com> writes:

> Not[e] the "^M" terminators on the lines sent and received from the
> server.

Of course, those got stripped. In the *imap-log* buffer as displayed, it
/looks/ like this:

,----[ *imap-log* with faked control characters]
| * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR SORT THREAD=REFERENCES MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE LOGIN-REFERRALS QUOTA AUTH=PLAIN
AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.^M
| 55 LOGOUT^M
| * BYE Logging out^M
| 55 OK Logout completed.^M
| read:errno=0
| 56 LOGIN "seh" "mypass"^M
`----

Here I've replaced the extra CR at the end of each line with "^M".

When I look at the *imap-log* buffer in hexl-mode, I can see that each
of the offending lines ends with CR CR LF. It's hard to tell what's
really going back and forth across the network.

--
Steven E. Harris