nnimap server name

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: nnimap server name
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:02:31 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to an (real) imap server

my .gnus has:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnimap "Example"
                                      (nnimap-address "imap.example.com")))

but yet, I can't subscribe to any of the mailboxes at "Example".

When I enter the server buffer (^) the "Example" server is not there.
I add it, but entering "Example" results in a server stuck in "denied"
mode. However, adding a server "imap.example.com" will allow me to
see/subscribe all the mailboxes.

My understanding is (nnimap "Example") sets the name of the server
(nnimap-address ... )

So, to subscribe to mailboxes at that address, I should be able to use:
(U) nnimap+Example.INBOX

But this does not exist.

Using the "imap.example.com" I get
(U) nnimap+imap.example.com:INBOX

And this exists..

Now, I am just trying to shorten that line. I know, not essential..

And I guess I'm not grasping the docs right. I would appreciate it if
one could clearify,

thx!