Fixing my active file

From: Victor S. Miller
Subject: Fixing my active file
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 18:05:35 -0400

Is there a function in gnus (I'm running v5.10.6) which will fix
and/or regenerate the active file?  Somehow mine got messed up.  So,
for example, when I get new mail in my inbox it doesn't show up as new
(and unread), but if I look at, say, the last 1000 entries in
nnml:inbox, by using '-=' and then entering 1000, I can see them.  I
also started having a problem that whenever I start gnus, or type 'g'
in the Group buffer, gnus spends a long time looking over all of my
nnml folders.  I see the message "Reading directory ..." for all of my
nnml directories.  It never used to do this.  I've tried regenerating
all of my nov (.overview) files, but this didn't seem to have any
effect.

Victor