Re: Remove group name from subject

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: Remove group name from subject
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 21:53:11 +0530

george_007 <jiri.pejchal@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm reading an archived mailing list in gnus as news.
> Each article subject starts with "[name-of-mailing-list]".
>
> Is it possible not to display this string in subjects?
> It clutters the threads view.
>

> Jiri Pejchal

In my group parameters, I have this to suppress the standard subject
text part for the mail folder for all my SAS received posts.

((total-expire . t)
 (gnus-list-identifiers "SAS-L Digest -")
 (expiry-wait . 10))

gnus-list-identifiers is a variable defined in `gnus-sum.el'.
Documentation:
Regexp that matches list identifiers to be removed from subject.
This can also be a list of regexps.

 sivaram