Encrypted forwarded multipart messages

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Encrypted forwarded multipart messages
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:13:05 +0200

Hi,

Some time ago I posted the following question on the ding list, but got
no reply, so I'm reposting it here.

When someone forwards me a multipart message and encrypts it, I'm having
trouble getting at the forwarded message, especially its attachments.

For example, if the forwarded message consists of a text/plain part and
an attachment, or if it is a multipart/alternative message, Gnus only
displays the header of the forwarded message.  Using W M v shows the
text/plain part, but I have found no way [1] to access the attachment: K
b only shows the structure of the forwarding message, as does C-d.  In
the case of a multipart/alternative message, W M v shows all parts
(typically text/plain and text/html) but without QP decoding, etc.

Is there a good way to access the complete forwarded message?

Thanks and greetings

Footnotes:
[1]  Except for saving the message, decrypting it, and opening it in
     Gnus using G f.

--
Michael Piotrowski, M.A.                               <mxp@dynalabs.de>
Public key at <http://www.dynalabs.de/mxp/pubkey.txt> (ID 0x1614A044)