Re: Reinitializing connections

From: Peter Jones
Subject: Re: Reinitializing connections
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:03:49 -0700

victor@algebraic.org (Victor S. Miller) writes:
> Starting about 2 weeks something rather weird has been happening when
> I run gnus: if I have gnus connected to a news server and imap server,
> and it's been idle for about 10 minutes, I can't reach the servers --
> in attempting to do that gnus will wait forever until I terminate it
> with ctrl-g.  What's even worse, is if I quit gnus (the first time
> doesn't work -- I get some message about the imap connection), and try
> to restart it, it can't reach either the news server or the imap
> server.  However, if I quit emacs and restart it, it works fine.  Any
> solutions here?  I'm running gnus 5.10.6 on redhat linux.

I'm experiencing something similar.  If, for any reason, I disconnect
from the network, Gnus basically locks up Emacs.  I can C-g it, but even
trying to exit Gnus via q locks up Emacs again.

The only solution is to quit Emacs and restart.  Is there something else
I can do to "reset" Gnus connections?

--
Peter Jones, http://pmade.com
pmade inc.  Louisville, CO US