Re: Navigating through URLs in an article

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Navigating through URLs in an article
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:17:10 +0100

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello
>
> One of the things I'm missing from mutt when I read emails is that I
> could press 'B' (IIRC) and a new window appears with all URLs
> contained in the mail. Then I could easily select one of them, and it
> was opened in my web browser.
>
> How can I do that with Gnus ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Francis

tab to move around them in normal mail and html rendered in w3m or in
article-mode

If you have a w3m html buffer e.g "in emacs" Google results this is
really cool since you just press a number to open that link:

,----
| (require 'gnus)
| (require 'w3m)
| (require 'w3m-lnum)
| (defun jao-w3m-go-to-linknum ()
|   "Turn on link numbers and ask for one to go to."
|   (interactive)
|   (let ((active w3m-link-numbering-mode))
|     (when (not active) (w3m-link-numbering-mode))
|     (unwind-protect
|       (progn (w3m-move-numbered-anchor (read-number "Anchor number:
"))(w3m-view-this-url))
|       (when (not active) (w3m-link-numbering-mode))
|       )))
|
| (add-hook 'w3m-mode-hook (lambda()
| ;                        (define-key w3m-mode-map (kbd "M-w")
'w3m-get-buffer-with-org-style)
| ;                        (define-key w3m-mode-map (kbd "RET")
'rgr/browse-url)
| ;                        (define-key w3m-mode-map "f" (lambda()(interactive)(
w3m-external-view-current-url)))
|                          (define-key w3m-mode-map "l"
(lambda()(interactive)(jao-w3m-go-to-linknum)))))
`----

--
 important and urgent problems of the technology of today are no longer the
satisfactions of the primary needs or of archetypal wishes, but the reparation