"You should byte-compile Gnus"

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: "You should byte-compile Gnus"
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 20:47:11 -0500

I have just installed Gnus 5.10.10 under Emacs 22.3.1.  It has gotten
rid of a number of annoyances, including especially the problem in
reading certain groups at Mozzarella, which I described some time ago.

However, there is an oddity.  Whenever I start Gnus, I get a message
"You should byte-compile Gnus".  It is already byte-compiled AFAICT --
every .el file in lisp/gnus has its .elc file.  Why am I being told
this?
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Gray hairs are the only object of respect that cannot excite  :||
||:  envy.                                                         :||