Re: Getting a handle on gnus

From: Les Harris
Subject: Re: Getting a handle on gnus
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 18:55:28 -0800

First of all, thank you everyone for the responses.  Got everything
setup nicely now with one exception:

> g will check for new articles in every subscribed group
> alt-g will do so only for the current group or topic

This is the behavior that I expected.  What I am getting though is
something like the following:

*I start up GNUS*

* gnu.emacs.gnus

*I hit g*

'No News is Good Gnus'
* gnu.emacs.gnus

*I hit M-g*
2 gnu.emacs.gnus

So 'g' isn't seeing new articles but fetching new articles with M-g
pulls unread articles from the server.  Can't really explain this
behavior!

Anyway, thank you all again.

Les