Re: Moving/deleting mail with gnus (nnmaildir)

From: Frank Schmitt
Subject: Re: Moving/deleting mail with gnus (nnmaildir)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:30:45 +0100

kjonca@poczta.onet.pl (Kamil Jońca) writes:

> I have maildir folder with a lot of mails (say 10000)
> With gnus I select 100 first  mails (i.e. <Space> -100 ), read 2 of them
> and  98 move to another folder (another nnmaildir group)
> Then I exit (q) from group, and select again 100 articles, but with read
> articles (C-u <Space> -100) and gnus select only 2 previously read
> articles. Looks like it remember some info about deleted/moved
> articles. I expected that gnus show me 2 read, and 98 other
> not-yet-deleted articles. Am I missing something?

The issue is that in Summery buffer, Gnus only uses a very coarse
estimation of message count (yes, this sucks badly). What will probably
work is entering the group and only then saying /o 100 to get 100 old messages.

--
Have you ever considered how much text can fit in eighty columns?  Given that a
signature typically contains up to four lines of text, this space allows you to