Re: bbdb and storing emails

From: David
Subject: Re: bbdb and storing emails
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:44:32 +0100

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
> I already use procmail so could theoretically use that but it means
> messing with system files on my mailserver. Ideally I would manage it
> from my bbdb.

You can use the gnus-private field to split mails according to the field
gnus-private:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SplitMailUsingBbdb

Since I retired Gnus mail splitting in favor of procmail on my mail
server, I'm now happily using this

http://www-verimag.imag.fr/~moy/emacs/niko-bbdb-split.el

to generate procmail rules based on the BBDB gnus-private
fields. Together with Tramp, it automatically creates a procmail rules
file on the mail server via ssh, which is included in my .procmailrc.

-David