Re: How to parse "To" and "Cc" headers?

From: Cor
Subject: Re: How to parse "To" and "Cc" headers?
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:16:10 +0000

Some entity, AKA Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi>,
wrote this mindboggling stuff:
(selectively-snipped-or-not-p)

> Is there a function in Gnus (or elsewhere in Emacs) for parsing "To" and
> "Cc" headers in the buffer?
>
> My goal is to make my custom message-citation-line-function use Finnish
> or English/international citation line depending on the recipient
> addresses of the message.

My-cite-line function in my .gnus.el that generated the cite line above:

;(defun message-insert-citation-line ()
;  "Insert a simple citation line."
;  (when message-reply-headers
;    (insert "Some entity, AKA " (mail-header-from message-reply-headers)",
;wrote this mindboggling stuff:
;(selectively-snipped-or-not-p)\n\n")))

You could add an if clause with an regular-expression to test if there
is a .fi address or other domains//addresses to be addressed in finnish.

The cite-line-code could be change to:

;(defun message-insert-citation-line ()
;  "Insert a simple citation line."
;  (when message-reply-headers

;; The new stuff added :

   ;;; ( if (eq mail-header-from "\.fi$" (

       "if the FROM: has an .fi do  the first thing"
   ;;; (insert "Some Finnish  " (mail-header-from message-reply-headers)",
   ;;; more Finnisch Text: \n\n")

       "else do this thing"
   ;;; (insert "Some English   " (mail-header-from message-reply-headers)",
   ;;; more English  Text: \n\n"))))))

NOT tested, but the scratch-buffer did not complain sofar,
I know no finnish at all, but you get the idea ;-)

Cor
--
        The only difference between GOD and me is that GOD has mercy
            It is your right to restrict my rights in your house