Process imap not running

From: Paul Mead
Subject: Process imap not running
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:06:42 +0100

Hi

whenever I leave gnus running for any length of time, then try to
refresh my Inbox (gmail using imap) I get the message 'Process imap not
running' and I have to repeat the 'get' action.

If the process is needed, why on earth doesn't it just start it the
first time round rather than waiting for me to repeat myself? Is there
any way of setting this to automatically start when needed?

Thanks
Paul