Re: GPG encryption fails with Gnus 5.13

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: GPG encryption fails with Gnus 5.13
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 11:06:27 GMT

On 2009-06-01 10:23 (UTC), Teemu Likonen wrote:

> When I send an encrypted message (C-c C-c in the message buffer) the
> minibuffer shows:
>
>     Encrypt failed: exit

> Does anybody have an idea how to fix or debug this?

Ok, I found the answer from " *epg-debug*" buffer:

    gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: unusable public key

I was sending mail to myself and I have two different public keys for
myself in my keyring. One of them is disabled. Gnus/Epg/Pgg/whatever
picked the disabled one but GPG failed to encrypt for that key. I can
solve the problem by enabling the key or removing the disabled key from
the keyring.