Re: nnmairix: how to customize the search result folder paths

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: nnmairix: how to customize the search result folder paths
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 22:15:21 +0200

Francis Moreau <francis.moro@gmail.com> writes:
> On 5 oct, 16:53, David Engster <d...@randomsample.de> wrote:
>> nnmairix puts the results into the chosen mail backend. However, it
>> should present you the results in its own folder, in this case named
>> "search", which is mapped to the above directory.

> Oops sorry, the path I showed is wrong.
>
> For now, my 'search' group is mapped to the following path:
>
> ~/mairix/zz_mairix-search-1/
>
> and I'd like to change it to:
>
> ~/Mail/zz_mairix-search-1/
>
> for example.
>
> Is this possible ?

When you create the nnmairix server, it asks you which back end it
should use for its searches. It should always use the folder of this
back end for storing the results.

For instance, if you have a primary nnml back end which is mapped to
~/Mail, and you let nnmairix use this back end, it should automatically
put the resulting search folders there.

If this isn't the case, maybe there's something wrong with the
configuration. It would help to see the select method for the back end
you're using (from your .gnus init file), and the select method of the
nnmairix server (do a 'M-e' on the nnmairix group to see it).

Regards,
David