Re: mail-default-headers and gnus

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: mail-default-headers and gnus
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:47:48 -0000

Hello,

On Mar 30, 11:03 pm, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 06:33:13 -0700 (PDT) Francis Moreau
> <francis.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> FM> On Mar 30, 3:27 pm, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:
>
> >> If you never need both, just remove the Bcc header if the Gcc is set,
> >> effectively making it an XOR.
>
> FM> yes but how should I do this ?
>
> You could add this to your message-send-hook:
>
> (save-restriction
>   (message-narrow-to-headers)
>   (when (and (message-fetch-field "Gcc")
>              (message-fetch-field "Bcc"))
>     (message-remove-header "Gcc")))
>
> You can test it in your message buffer, just paste and evaluate (`C-x
> C-e' after the final parenthesis).

Thank you Ted, for giving me a solution.

I tried to remove "Bcc" header field instead of "Gcc" (as your example
do) but it doesn't work I still receive 2 copies of the email.

Do you know why ?

The reason for the change is that I prefer the way gnus handles "Gcc"
header, because in that case I don't actually receive new email in my
spool box (it's directly moved to my nnml:Inbox folder) and the mail
is marked as read automatically.

If I send a message by using 'compose-mail', I will have all drawbacks
I mentioned previously but that doesn't matter in this case because I
send emails this way much less often.

Thanks