Re: nnml-generate-nov-databases - What Did It Do?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: nnml-generate-nov-databases - What Did It Do?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:16:28 +0100

khj <khjacker@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Kenneth,

I only use IMAP for mail, so I cannot help with the first problem.

>   (2) What is the correct way to eliminate that "How many articles
>   ..."  prompt?

That is normal behavior for groups containing many articles, controlled
by the variable `gnus-large-newsgroup'.  Consider a newsgroup like
gmane.emacs.help which contains about 80,000 messages would always show
all of them.  That wouldn't be fun!

Bye,
Tassilo