Re: organization in gnus

From: prad
Subject: Re: organization in gnus
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 12:56:24 -0800

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> You can still use folders in gnus.  Using nnml backend might be a good
> bet as it's 1 file per email message.
>
> and I think you're probably mixing up scoring with levels.

thx sivaram!
i looked into your folder idea and have solved my present problems with
B m command.

ya i haven't really grasped the scoring idea yet since i didn't even use
priorities in ordinary mail. i think there is a lot more i can do with
gnus, but i have to learn to think about things differently.

something i found useful is sacha chua's pages here:
http://sachachua.com/blog/2008/05/emacs-gnus-organize-your-mail/
so i'll go study those some more.

--
in friendship,