Re: set mime display per group?

From: Damon Haley
Subject: Re: set mime display per group?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:02:31 -0600

Hi gnus folk,

I finally figured this out.  Essentially the code below resets my
discouraged-alternatives for the fastmail IMAP account, but discourages
html for everything else.

;; Set the default value of mm-discouraged-alternatives.
(eval-after-load "gnus-sum"
  '(add-to-list
    'gnus-newsgroup-variables
    '(mm-discouraged-alternatives
      . '("text/html" "image/.*" "text/richtext"))))

;; display `text/html' parts in fastmail groups.
(add-to-list
 'gnus-parameters
 '("^nnimap\\+fastmail:" (mm-discouraged-alternatives nil)))

It's obviously the same code in the manual for showing nrss groups as
html when text is displayed for everything else.

Does anyone know how I could re-write the above code to only take effect
on gnus topics such as Lars suggested was possible below?

Do I put something like (mm-discouraged-alternatives nil) in the
gnus-topic-edit-parameters buffer?

If topic based display is not possible, how could I re-write the code
above to specify multiple IMAP groups rather than matching my
entire secondary-select IMAP server?

I don't know elisp yet, but I'm slowly trying to pick up some of it over the
next year.

Thanks,

Damon