Gnus: How to save *all* attachments at once [gnus-summary-save-parts]?

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Gnus: How to save *all* attachments at once [gnus-summary-save-parts]?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:40:37 +0100

Hi,

If I use "X m" to save (all) email attachments, I am first asked "Save parts of
type: image/.*" and then in which folder to save the attachments. I would like
to adjust these settings to save some typing. My goal is to set the default so
that attachments are saved in ~/Downloads and that _all_ attachments are saved
on this single key combination (X m).

I managed to set the directory to ~/Downloads via
(setq gnus-summary-save-parts-last-directory "~/Downloads")

To save _all_ attachments by default, I put in .gnus.el:
(setq gnus-summary-save-parts "*.*")
However, I'm stil asked for image/.*. How can I specify to save all attachments
at once [not only images]?

Is there already a simpler key combination for saving all attachments? I found
"K a" (which is intuitive since "K o" saves particular attachments) but it
didn't save anything.

Please note that I first posted this on
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2011-11/msg00356.html not
knowing that there is a special Gnus list for such questions.

Cheers,

Marius