Updated version of battery-linux-sysfs?

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Updated version of battery-linux-sysfs?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:13:26 -0000

Hi,

I'm using GNU Emacs 23.3.1 on Linux. After a recent system update,
battery-related information has disappeared from /proc, and is now
available in /sys. It appears, however, that the battery-linux-sysfs
function doesn't know how to read most of that information.

I'm particularly interested in

  %m Remaining time (to charge or discharge) in minutes
  %h Remaining time (to charge or discharge) in hours
  %t Remaining time (to charge or discharge) in the form `h:min'

..., which battery-linux-proc-acpi used to offer. Since all the
necessary information is available in /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0
(and probably other places as well), I wonder whether there is an
updated version of battery-linux-sysfs that offers these bits?

Take care,
Peter