Re: How to implement the function for dcbl-add-address-to-bbdb

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: How to implement the function for dcbl-add-address-to-bbdb
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:14:30 -0000

Op dinsdag 8 nov 2011 10:06 CET schreef daimrod@gmail.com:

> Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:
>
>> I want to have certain addresses from senders not entered into the
>> bbdb. A first try is the following function:
>> (defun dcbl-add-address-to-bbdb
>> (if (string-match "^cecil@Servus\\.site$" net)
>> nil
>> 'ask))
>>
>> I bind the function with:
>> (setq bbdb-always-add-addresses 'dcbl-add-address-to-bbdb)
>>
>> But when an email is opened where the address could have to be added,
>> I get:
>> funcall: Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (if (string-match
>> "^cecil@Servus\\.site$" net) nil (quote ask))), 0
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Here is what I have in my bbdb config:
>

> (setq
> ;; auto-create addresses from mail
> bbdb/mail-auto-create-p 'bbdb-ignore-some-messages-hook
> bbdb-ignore-some-messages-alist ;; don't ask about fake addresses
> ;; NOTE: there can be only one entry per header (such as To, From)
> ;; http://flex.ee.uec.ac.jp/texi/bbdb/bbdb_11.html
>
> '(( "From" . "no.?reply\\|DAEMON\\|daemon\\|facebookmail\\|twitter")))

When I read the page, it says that records are automatically created.
That is not what I want. At the moment I get a question when I get an
email from a sender with a send address that is not registered yet. I
want to have this question skipped (and the address not added) for
certain addresses.

By the way, I based my code on:
    http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bbdb.user/2349

--