Re: Email/News markup

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Email/News markup
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:24:46 +0200

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 16:45:53 -0400, Dan wrote:

> What I don't understand is that *bold* is supposed to be achieved by
> using asterisks instead of underlines.  When I use asterisks that
> way, sure enough, the word in question is displayed as bold.  But I
> see the asterisks too.

> When I do the same with underlines, I don't see extra underlines before
> and after the word.

> Is the problem on my end or is this inconsistency done on purpose?

It was done on purpose a good while back. I don't remember the reason,
though.

I do remember thinking it was an odd inconsistency to introduce, but it
didn't bother me enough to complain at the time :-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "You have to photosynthesize"                                Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk