Re: Strange indentation in message-mode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Strange indentation in message-mode
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 14:38:33 +0200

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@googlemail.com> writes:

> The mode line says:
>
> ,------------------------------------------------
> | Message MML AC OrgTbl OrgStruct yas Abbrev Fill
> `------------------------------------------------
>
> and I deactivated OrgTbl and then OrgStruct, but the problem did not go
>     away. When I deactivate auto-fill-mode, the lines get very long, and
>     when I press M-q the paragraphs get filled correctly. But with
>     auto-fill-mode activated, M-q does not undo the strange indentation.
>
> Any idea what could be the problem?

OrgStruct in the mode-line doesn't tell whether this is orgstruct-mode
or orgstruct++-mode (I need to fix this.)

But my guess is that you use orgstruct++-mode, right?

orgstruct++-mode used to *replace* some indent/filling functions of
major-mode (in this case message-mode) by Org's ones.  Deactivating
orgstruct++-mode was _not_ restoring the values for those replaced
variables... which caused confusion.

I recently reworked Org's code to fix this.

Please double-check you have this commit in your git log:

  http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commit;h=a8c312

Thanks for reporting any problem in this area, they are top priority.

Best,

--
 Bastien