Re: gnus to activate links

From: William Gardella
Subject: Re: gnus to activate links
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 14:48:46 -0400

Hi Prad,

prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> writes:

> i am unclear on how to get gnus to activate hyperlinks - some times it
> happens (as with emails and gmane posts), sometimes it doesn't (as with
> an rss feed i'm using).
>
> i can always go view in a browser, but it would be nice if i didn't have
> to.
>
> what can i do to always have links activated?

If you are having problems with some specific articles/groups but not
all, you might try changing renderers, e.g. customize
mm-text-html-renderer to try one of the w3m renderers or, if you are
already using one, try `shr', the built in gnus renderer.  Sometimes
I've found that formatting won't show up as desired with one or the
other.

Also, this is not really a Gnus-specific answer, but I've dealt with
various bits of Emacs sometimes failing to buttonize urls by assigning a
convenient binding to `browse-url'.  So if I see such an un-buttonized
url in a buffer, all I have to do is C-c W instead of RET.