Not expanding the first thread when entering a group

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Not expanding the first thread when entering a group
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 15:12:50 -0500

I have threaded on, but I like threads to start out collapsed in my summary
buffer.  However, whenever I enter a group, it always expands the very first
thread -- the one point is on.  I find myself often hitting "T H" to
re-collapse this.

I've searched, but not found any configuration option to control this.  Is
there something that will keep all threads collapsed until I actually start
reading?

Thanks,
  John