Re: Agent in batch mode for imap

From: William Gardella
Subject: Re: Agent in batch mode for imap
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 17:35:01 +0000

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> I'm not sure about how moving and deleting messages from an imap server
> with this setup. These aren't operations you can make while
> unplugged and I will certainly have to plug the agent from time to
> time. Won't there be a conflict between the moving/copying operations
> and the fetch from the agent in batch modeĀ ?

None that I've noticed; maybe "conflict" in the sense that
gnus-agent-batch will simply be blithely unaware of the move/delete
operation, if you managed to time it to happen at exactly the same time
as the cron job executes.  In that case it just doesn't reflect the
changes until the next sync.  Similarly, if you use Gcc to an nnimap
group, or your mail provider automatically puts things in a Sent folder
when you use SMTP, you won't see your sent messages show up there until
the *next* gnus-agent-batch run after they're sent.  This is because
gnus-agent-batch sends the queue after it fetches articles.