Regenerating a nnimap group

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Regenerating a nnimap group
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 20:39:07 -0200

Hi,

After having some problems with UID + offlineimap, I decided to re-fetch
& regenerate all messages from a specific folder again (with
offlineimap).  But then, when I reopened Gnus, I noticed that when I
entered the folder, it was trying to display the old messages
(unsuccessfully, because I was receiving the infamous "Article may have
been expired or moved..." message).

Is there an easy way to tell Gnus to somehow "regenerate" a specific
group?  I tried calling gnus-agent-regenerate-group, but it didn't
change anything.  The last solution was to remove my .newsrc* files and
restart Gnus, but it is not a decent approach I think.

Oh, it's worth mentioning that I'm using Dovecot, so I use nnimap, which
doesn't seem to accept server regeneration in the Server buffer.

Thanks,

--
Sergio